2023 Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this activity, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss diagnostic methods and their limitations for venous and lymphatic diseases
- Determine how and when to apply and when the appropriate types of compression
- Assess the risks and benefits of venous and lymphatic disease treatments
- Recognize different patterns of superficial vein reflux and their specific treatment
- Determine how to manage patients with combined superficial and deep vein disease
- Evaluate and treat aesthetic vein problems
- Formulate strategies for the management of pelvic vein disorders
- Explain strengths and shortcomings of venous stenting
- Evaluate the local and systemic treatment of venous ulcers
- Explain the management of venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Assess how to manage anticoagulation and when to test for thrombophilia
- Compare the different factors responsible for skin damage and how to provide care for such patients
- Recognize and manage complications of conservative venous management and interventions
- Compare the options regarding current challenges in the venous lymphatic diseases
- Assess new methods, devices, recent and ongoing studies.
Venous Symposium will be of value to vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists, interventional cardiologists, phlebologists, general surgeons and other medical professionals currently treating venous disease or who wish to expand into this arena.
CME Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and Behind the Scenes (BTS). Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
2023 CME Credit Designation Statements
Amedco LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 33.00 live / 37.75 enduring AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Live: May 10-13, 2023
Enduring: June 7, 2023 – June 7, 2024
For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTMfrom organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Disclosure Policy Statement
Behind the Scenes adheres to the ACCME’s Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. Any individuals in a position to control the content of a CE activity, including faculty, planners, reviewers or others are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities (commercial interests). All relevant conflicts of interest have been mitigated prior to the commencement of the activity.
Behind the Scenes makes every effort to develop CME activities that are scientifically based. This activity is designed for educational purposes. Participants have a responsibility to utilize this information to enhance their professional development in an effort to improve patient outcomes. Conclusions drawn by the participants should be derived from careful consideration of all available scientific information. The participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience and diagnostic decision-making before applying any information, whether provided here or by others, for any professional use.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
Behind the Scenes requires that faculty participating in any CME activity disclose to the audience when discussing any unlabeled or investigational use of any commercial product or device not yet approved for use in the United States.